Accidents happen. Winter Park dentist Dr. Hodgins is now serving as an Orlando area emergency dentist, offering emergency dental care to his patients, for times when you need to be seen right away for a tooth ache, infection, a chipped tooth or an emergency root canal.
Dr. Hodgins’ patients in need of an Orlando area emergency dentist can count on same-day service for their bona fide dental emergencies. If your emergency takes place during our regular business hours, just come on in. If it is off-hours, our existing patients are invited to call the office line and the operator can get you in touch with Dr. Hodgins, who will come into the office to provide your service.
The services our Orlando area emergency dentist can provide are:
- Root canal therapy
- Oral surgery – tooth extraction
- Cracked tooth treatment
- Infected gums
Remember these important tips for dental emergencies:
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water
- If your tooth falls out, pick it up by the crown – never touch it by the roots – rinse it off and try to reinsert it into your gum. If it will not go in or stay in, immerse it in milk and bring it with you when you come in to see Dr. Hodgins.
- Do not take aspirin for a dental emergency. Ibuprofin is okay, not aspirin.
- If your jaw or face is swollen, hold an ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas, whatever is on hand) to your face until you can see the doctor
- If you have something lodged between teeth, gently try to floss to get it out. Never use anything sharp that wasn’t intended for dental use.