Q: What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide. In fact, over 70% of all U.S. orthodontists are certified to treat patients with Invisalign®. Dr. Zachary Hodgins is a cosmetic dentist near Orlando who includes this service in his dental practice.
Q: How does Invisalign® work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position your orthodontist or cosmetic dentist near Orlando (such as Dr. Hodgins) has prescribed.
- You'll visit your orthodontist or dentist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Q: How are aligners made?
- The aligners are made through a combination of your orthodontist's or dentist's expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
Q: Why Invisalign®?
Invisalign® can help you get the great smile you've always wanted because it's:
- Invisible, so no one can tell you're straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your Orlando cosmetic dentist or orthodontist's office getting adjustments.
Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.